Frustrated goals

Have you ever made a goal, or several, only to find a couple weeks down the road that you've been struggling to be anywhere close to achieving it? Like in a different continent close?

My.life.right.now.

I don't know what is wrong with me.  I've written goals down several times,  but I just can't achieve them.  I'm talking about my physical health here mostly.

8 months after deciding to do only yoga I've gained 10 pounds and I barely fit into my clothes. That is definitely not the epitome of finding balance in my life.  And I'm certainly not being very conscious about it.  I just eat what I see and pay the consequences later.  Bad idea. I'm a big tint social eater, so you bet it Suzy Q is hanging out with me and she wants a piece of cake, not only will I eat a piece, but I will add ice cream and caramel sauce to the mix as well. Yikes. Not good. Overeating is so easy for me. I.love.food. but it hates me. What an abusive relationship we have. 

I need to somehow turn the dedication I hedge towards scripture study, or exercise, and turn it towards food. I know the way I eat effects my performance levels, both physically and mentally, but knowing doesn't make it easy to just do. Gaining wisdom through experience is the only way to really love what you know and believe.  That and deliberate effort. It is so easy to let yourself slide. And don't say Suzy made you do it. You know that isn't true.

Whew. I feel a little better. I needed to get that off my chest. Sorry. This was mostly for me. I needed to write this down and align my thoughts a little better. Thanks for reading. Tomorrow will be a better day. I won't eat a gazillion pieces of pizza at Cici's (hello lunch today. Not a pretty sight), and I won't snack on the candy we got from the general store either. And I will not over eat and drink lots of water. I can do that for one day right? One day at a time and deliberate dedication. I got this. You got this.

Comments

Popular Posts