People Need People

You know when you just have those trials that recur more than you think they should?  One such trial happened again last night and just like the other times, it was out of our complete control.  It is so frustrating that there are people out there who are unintelligent human beings who only think about themselves. I'm not a huge fan of people like that.  

A note to people those people: When your only goal in life is to ruin other people's lives or make other people's lives harder- which easily happens when you let the natural man and selfishness take over-you are scum of the earth. You are selfish and you are awful. You prey on good people who don't deserve having their good day end badly because of your actions. That is the worst goal you can have. You should feel awful about yourself and commit to change because you are doing no good in the world.


But I still have hope. There is opposition in all things. There are SO MANY good people in the world. 

This morning I had planned to go running, but I was up late and exhausted because of the aforementioned trial, and I really didn't want to go, but I knew I should. I decided I should go any way, and went running at a local park. I'm so glad I did.

There are few things that make me more happy then seeing people answer my smile with a smile. That run was exactly what I needed to help my hope in humankind be rekindled. People are good. There are good people. South Carolinians are so nice. Southern hospitality is a real thing. There was one little boy that would start running when he saw me and he would wave each time. I talked to his mom who said that he said he could run as fast as me and that was just cute. 

As I continued running, looking at all of the trees and thinking about the special encounters I had with these good people, I realized one huge thing, which is something I have known that is easy to forget:

I got home from my run feeling rejuvenated and happy because I could smile at others and I saw them smile back.  That is the best kind of medicine life has to offer.  We were all put on this earth together for a reason, and we can help each other.  We can be each other's angels in times of need.  My angels were at the park this morning.  My angels are my children.  My angels are my parents and my in-laws.  I am so grateful that I am not alone.  I am grateful I can all on others in times of need.  I am grateful for good people.  Good people make life worth living.  

Thank you good people for being good people.  You are awesome!  

Comments

Carolyn Howell said…
You are a true giver. Thanks for smiling at me. I can feel it in Miami!

Popular Posts